Advertisement for Chair of the Regional Economic Growth Partnership
As part of the City Deal, the Cardiff Capital Region is seeking an individual to Chair the Regional Economic Growth Partnership (REGP), which is currently being established.
The REGP will directly advise the Joint Cabinet and will be responsible for reviewing the Regional Economic Strategy and advise on City Deal Investment proposals. It will also have an advocacy role, promoting the Region as a prime investor and visitor location.
The Chair will be responsible for:
- Leading the REGP, ensuring it fulfils its responsibilities
- Chairing meetings of the REGP Board, collating views expressed by each stakeholder group and where necessary arriving at a consensus
- Communicating and representing the recommendations of the REGP to the Cardiff Capital Region Cabinet
- Being a figurehead and champion of the city region both nationally and internationally, on behalf of the REGP and the Joint Committee
If the Chair is selected prior to the Board then the role will also include selecting the REGP Board and ensuring it has the appropriate skills and experience to fulfil its remit.
Terms of appointment
The Chair will be appointed on a two year fixed term basis with the maximum number of terms limited to two. The time commitment, whilst flexible, will average 2 days a month, though the level of commitment will fluctuate across the term. Appropriate expenses will be paid for the position.
Required skills and attributes
The Chair should have the following skills and attributes:
- An understanding of economic growth, and related policies, both in and beyond the region, and beyond Wales
- Ability to think strategically
- Politically astute, and able to make sense of the full context in which the REGP operates
- High level listening skills, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders have their say and feel their views have been considered
- Ability to represent a range of viewpoints and to build a consensus
- Ability to access, build and maintain strong and effective networks and working relationships across sectors, at senior leadership level
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent advocacy skills
Required background and experience
The Chair should have the following background and experience:
- Be a current member of the private sector business community
- Experience of working in, or with the private, public and civic sectors
- Experience of chairing organisations comprising senior stakeholders of differing views
- Extensive senior leadership experience
- Have a wide network of public, private and government contacts which extends across the region and beyond Wales
- Experience of representing an organisation at a local and national level, including dealing with media attention
Applying for the role of Chair
If you are interested in undertaking the role of chair, please forward a copy of your CV, with a brief supporting statement (no more than 1 side of A4) to email@example.com. The closing date for submissions is 5pm, Friday, October 20, 2017. Further details on the role of the Chair of the Regional Economic Growth Partnership can be seen in the Cardiff Capital Region Cabinet Report of 14th July 2017 which can be accessed here.
If you have any queries on the position please contact Jonathan Day on 029 2078 8573, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.